2012年12月30日星期日

楂樺涓殑鐢蜂汉 The Man in the High Castle_055

n Government or somebody, anybody, finds the plates from which some old stamp was printed. And the ink. And a supply of --"
"I don't believe either of those two lighters belonged to Franklin Roosevelt," the girl said.
Wyndam-Matson giggled. "That's my point! I'd have to prove it to you with some sort of document. A paper of authenticity. And so it's all a fake,jordan shoes for sale, a mass delusion. The paper proves its worth, not the object itself!"
"Show me the paper."
"Sure." Hopping up, he made his way back into the study. From the wall he took the Smithsonian Institution's framed certificate; the paper and the lighter had cost him a fortune, but they were worth it -- because they enabled him to prove that he was right, that the word "fake" meant nothing really, since the word "authentic" meant nothing really.
"A Colt .44 is a Colt .44," he called to the girl as he hurried back into the living room. "It has to do with bore and design, not when it was made,http://www.australiachanelbags.com/. It has to do with --"
She held out her hand. He gave her the document.
"So it is genuine," she said finally.
"Yes. This one." He picked up the lighter with the long scratch across its side.
"I think I'd like to go now," the girl said. "I'll see you again some other evening." She set down the document and lighter and moved toward the bedroom, where her clothes were.
"Why?" he shouted in agitation, following after her.
"You know it's perfectly safe; my wife won't be back for weeks -- I explained the whole situation to you. A detached retina."
"It's not that."
"What, then?"
Rita said, "Please call a pedecab for me. While I dress."
"I'll drive you home," he said grumpily,replica rolex watches.
She dressed, and then, while he got her coat from the closet,Link, she wandered silently about the apartment. She seemed pensive, withdrawn, even a little depressed. The past makes people sad, he realized. Damn it; why did I have to bring it up? But hell, she's so young -- I thought she'd hardly know the name.
At the bookcase she knelt. "Did you read this?" she asked, taking a book out.

没有评论:

发表评论